hobbit -- install problem with RRDtool

TAnthony at cretecarrier.com TAnthony at cretecarrier.com
Fri Sep 12 16:04:39 CEST 2008

Thanks in advance for your help.  I'm trying to install hobbit snapshot  on
the latest version of Ubuntu LTS.  I'm new to Linux and am usually a
windows guy so the switch hasn't been that easy but I'm making headway.
When I try to do the ./configure in the directory  I get to the "Checking
for RRDtool and it come ups that RRDtool include or library-files not
found.  Once I got that I installed RRDtool 1.2.27-2 from the Ubuntu
Patches site.  I have also installed libldap2 2.1.30-13 from the same
place.

Any help is much appreciated.  I'm trying to get this going and i've been
on it for 3 days now and it's starting to make me mad and I want to beat
it!

Thanks

T.C.

Thomas C. Anthony II (T.C.)