[hobbit] Asterisk Phone System Monitoring

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 00:10:08 CEST 2008

Some folks using MisterHouse for Home Automation are doing voice messages
via Asterisk, for things like reminders and alarm trips .  This link came up
on the MisterHouse mailing list a couple of days ago:

   http://www.xapautomation.org/index.php?title=Asterisk_Unattended_Dialout

The email included this Perl fragment:

      my $notify_number = '1888xxxxxxx';
      my $notify_msg = 'This is a test';
      # don't modify the following unless the xAP target for your
      # axc instance is different from liming.axc.house
      &xAP::sendXap('liming.axc.house', 'messenger.event',
         'Message.Receive' => { from => 'mh',
         body => "axc-notify $notify_number $notify_msg" });

for sending an example test message.

I don't have Asterisk, so I have no idea how easy/hard it would be to
integrate with Hobbit, but I suspect the above info would go some way
towards making it work...  :)

Ralph Mitchell