[hobbit] No SNMP data for devmon template

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Sep 10 14:58:57 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 21:44 -0400, Martha McConaghy wrote:
> I've been beating my head against a wall on this and finally admit I don't
> have a clue why it is not working.  We're just getting started with Hobbit,
> but plan on making it our main monitoring solution.  I've got devmon
> running with it and have been able to monitor the devices that already have
> templates.  However, some of our devices don't have templates, so I'm trying
> to define one for them (Weather Goose environmental monitors).

I monitor these with mrtg and use bbmrtg to drop the status into hobbit.
I have about 70 of them.

> To start, I'm just trying to define a simple temperature test.  I can
> see that devmon is reading the files and all seems to be OK.  However,
> I get the dreaded "No SNMP data found for upsenvTempwx on ..." and the
> test does not work.  I can do an snmpget on the same oid and it returns
> data with no problem.

> upsEnvTempwx    : .1.3.6.1.4.1.17373.2.2.1.5    : leaf

it depends when version of code you are running on the weathergoose.  in
a few versions, when you poll that oid, it responds with an OID/Instance
pair.  snmpget doesn't seem to care.  But SNMP_Tools.pm throws a fit
when the request doesn't match the response.

You might try .1.3.6.1.4.1.17373.2.2.1.5.1 instead.

> thresholds:

Note that the watchdog reports degrees C, not F.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy