[hobbit] Problem to check logs with Hobbit

Kauffman, Tom KauffmanT at nibco.com
Tue Sep 9 21:39:59 CEST 2008

Start with the basics -

As the hobbit user on "Suspendisse", try "less /var/log/messages" to see if the hobbit client can even read the log (I don't know Ubuntu, but RHEL and SUSE both set /var/log/messages to mode 640 by default).

You won't need the 'localclient.cfg' entry on the hobbit server - that only applies to the hobbit client running on the server. But you WILL need a rule in hobbit-alerts.cfg on the server if you want to be alerted when the condition comes up.