FILE mode= config bug?

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Mon Sep 8 07:13:50 CEST 2008

Hi all

We are monitoring files, and have it all correct in the client-local.cfg
Everything works OK, when we have the following in hobbit-clients.cfg

FILE /etc/myfile.conf owner=root group=root

Change owner or group, and the test goes red.

Now we add this
FILE /etc/myfile.conf owner=root group=root mode=600

And in the clientdata.log file, we get
2008-09-08 12:50:38 Unknown token 'mode=0600' ignored at line 659

Now here's the interesting part.
According to the docs, owner and group should be defined as OWNERID= and
GROUPID=
If we use OWNERID and GROUPID, we get red, and these errors
File is owned by user root  - should be d=root
File is owned by group root  - should be d=root

We have also tried MODE=600, MODE=0600 and mode=0600
2008-09-08 12:50:38 Unknown token 'mode=0600' ignored at line 695

Any mode changes to the file do not trigger an alert.

In desperation I tried MODE="600" and mode="600"
And all I got was this in clientdata.log
2008-09-08 13:10:38 Unknown token 'mode="600' ignored at line 695
2008-09-08 13:10:38 Unknown token 'MODE="600' ignored at line 795
Interesting to note, the closing " was not displayed.

Is this a bug, or have I missed something?

Cheers
    Vernon

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.