Hobbit: Hobbitping/Fping

Sanu Mathew mathew.sanu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 05:16:58 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I have a couple of linux servers which are behind a firewall and needs to be
monitored. I have allowed the port 1984 for flow of data from the client
servers to the hobbit server, and i get all the data fine.

However, I do not get to see a green for "conn", all i see is a '-'. This i
typically understand is the hobbitping or the fping utility. Do these
utilities work along with bbtest-net or individually? And if Yes, which
ports needs to be allowed and from where to where..?
If not, which port does hobbitping or fping use?

At this point the firewall is opened for normal ping i.e, hobbit server can
ping the linux clients.

Quick info on my network.

Hobbit server ip - 192.168.50.100
Other Linux/Unix servers are in the 192.168.50.* network.
Linux servers behind the firewall, have a 10.* ip assigned, which at the
firewall is natted to a 192.168.50.* ip. (these are typically the DMZ
servers)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sanu