[hobbit] dr for hobbit

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Mon May 19 13:30:25 CEST 2008

On mán, 2008-05-19 at 12:44 +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> > clients will be configured to send metrics to both servers. which
> will keep
> > historical rrd data up to date etc.
>
> Hi,
>
> just a note on that one, we are running a setup like that too, plus a
> third host for alerting. The problem we have is that if one of the
> hosts in BBDISPLAYS is down, clients will have trouble sending in data
> to any server, because of timeouts. Sometimes notifications lag for as
> much as half an hour.

So the clients contact the servers one after another. The clients could
be changed so that they contact the the servers in parallel. So if one
of the processes times out, it will not affect the other processes.

This behaviour probably depends on the client itself. BBWin, Big Brother
Client and Hobbit Client probably behave differently.

--
Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,       %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?