[hobbit] dr for hobbit

Christoph Berg cb at df7cb.de
Mon May 19 12:44:26 CEST 2008

Re: Phil Wild 2008-05-19 <258e9b160805182339r6090664ax64681ff20a68821d at mail.gmail.com>
[...]
> clients will be configured to send metrics to both servers. which will keep
> historical rrd data up to date etc.

Hi,

just a note on that one, we are running a setup like that too, plus a
third host for alerting. The problem we have is that if one of the
hosts in BBDISPLAYS is down, clients will have trouble sending in data
to any server, because of timeouts. Sometimes notifications lag for as
much as half an hour.

I'm not saying your setup won't work, but you should keep in mind that
you might effectively degrade availability/responsiveness because of
the use of multiple servers.

Christoph
--
cb at df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/