hobbit client

Joshua Krause forums at triadbiz.rr.com
Mon May 5 17:29:16 CEST 2008

I've got a group of servers running the hobbit client and my disk is not
being alerted on.  Here is a sample from the disk page in hobbit:

/dev/sda2             7.9G  6.8G  749M  91% /
/dev/sda1              99M   34M   60M  37% /boot
/dev/sda3              24G  429M   22G   2% /export/home

Status unchanged in 58 days,22 hours, 27 minutes
Status message received from 172.31.129.185
Client <http://ops1/monitor-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?CLIENT=gsonc-spg-vod-t16-4>
data available

<http://ops1/monitor-cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=gsonc-spg-vod-t16-4&service=dis
k&graph_width=576&graph_height=120&disp=gsonc%2dspg%2dvod%2dt16%2d4&nostale&
color=green&action=menu>

And here is what I have in the /opt/hobbit/server/etc/hobbit-clients.cfg
file:

HOST=%gsonc-spg-ops-1

        LOAD    9.0 15.0

        PROC    snmpd

        PROC    snmptt

        PROC    sec.pl

        PROC    snmptrapd

        PROC    mysqld

HOST=%gsonc-spg-ops-2

        PROC    radiusd

        PROC    mysqld

HOST=%gsonc-spg-ops-3

        PROC    syslog-ng

        PROC    mysqld

HOST=%gsonc-spg-omea-1

        PROC    cron

        LOAD    7.0 10.0

HOST=%gsonc-spg-sunbox

        LOAD    11.5 12.5

        MEMSWAP 85 95

HOST=%gsonc-spg-dncs

        FILE    /export/home/dncs/mystro/bfs/Compass_OOB/rta.grp.z SIZE>1200
TRACK=rta

        LOAD    10.0 15.0

        DISK    / 95 98

        DISK    /cdrom IGNORE

HOST=%gsonc-spg-mas*

        FILE /usr/local/mystro/conf/rtareports_headendinfo.properties
MTIME=1128514608 TRACK=rta-reports

        MEMPHYS 100 101

        MEMSWAP 75 90

        MEMACT  97 98

HOST=%gsonc-spg-rtc*

        LOAD    17.0 22.0

HOST=%gsonc-spg-vod-t*

        LOAD    17.0 22.0

HOST=%gsonc-spg-vodgs*

        LOAD    17.0 22.0

        PROC    cron

DEFAULT

        # These are the built-in defaults.

        UP      1h

        LOAD    5.0 10.0

        DISK    * 90 95

        MEMPHYS 100 101

        MEMSWAP 75 90

        MEMACT  90 97

I highlighted in bold the group that deals with one of the servers in
question.  I should use the DEFAULT group for everything except load.  And
load is working right and the uptime reports back good also.  So it is
showing the alerting on uptime via the DEFAULTS and it is alerting on LOAD
with the exception.  So why is DISK not alerting out or even changing
colors.  I have tried these to variations but they didn't work either:

HOST=%gsonc-spg-vod-t*

        LOAD    17.0 22.0

        DISK      / 90 95

HOST=%gsonc-spg-vod-t*

        LOAD    17.0 22.0

        DISK      * 90 95

And neither of those worked.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh