[hobbit] 2 hobbit servers on the same hardware

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Mar 29 07:52:42 CET 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 03:25:29PM +0900, Phil Wild wrote:
> Has anyone actually tried this?

I have.

> I started mucking around with it today but I don't believe it is as easy as
> it sounds. The original directory "/opt/hobbit/server" seems to be hardcoded
> into lots and lots of files, including compiled into binaries. I don't see
> how cloning the hobbit home directory would give you a reliable
> configuration.

The settings you do at compile-time are built into the binaries, but
they should all be configurable via the hobbitserver.cfg settings.

But doing a re-compile/re-install to a different Hobbit home directory
is probably the easiest. You must also run the two with different
user-ID's, to avoid getting the shared-memory segments and semaphores
from the two Hobbit servers mixed up.

And since they'll conflict over port 1984, either use a different port
number for one of them, or a different IP-address.