[hobbit] Testing for RDP service on Windows Systems

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 21:00:14 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Tadd Moore <tmoore at rooneyholdings.com>
wrote:

>  I'm sure you'll get many responses, but we added the following to
> bb-services:
>
>  [rdp]
>
>    port 3389
>
>  Once you've added this, if you include the tag "rdp" in bb-hosts, it will
> test to see if the RDP listener is active on the host in question.  I'm
> interested if there are better clientless tests myself.

Heh - I didn't even think about that when I switched from BB to Hobbit.  I
just carried over the "telnet:1494" tag for a couple of our hosts and found
it worked quite well.  I *think* there's a Citrix server on that port, given
that it returns "ICA" along with a few binary characters.

I guess I should do that check properly...  :)

Ralph Mitchell