[hobbit] Testing for RDP service on Windows Systems

Tadd Moore tmoore at rooneyholdings.com
Mon Jun 2 20:47:50 CEST 2008

I'm sure you'll get many responses, but we added the following to bb-services:

[rdp]
   port 3389

Once you've added this, if you include the tag "rdp" in bb-hosts, it will test to see if the RDP listener is active on the host in question.  I'm interested if there are better clientless tests myself.

Good luck,
TM

>>> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at  1:40 PM, "Bob Gordon" <rgordonjr at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello -

Does anyone know how to test for the RDP service on a windows system that is not running the BBWin (Or Big Brother) client on it?  I've been looking through the hobbit docs (and it is possible i missed it).  In googleing for the info I found several hobbit configs out there with an RDP keyword in the bb-hosts file however it doesnt work with my setup (i think I am missing something somewhere..)..    I am running 4.2 with the all-in-one and bbwin central config patches.

Thanks!

--
--==[ Bob Gordon ]==--