[hobbit] centralized management of clientlaunch.cfg

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 17:18:37 CET 2008

We maintain everything on one central server and then use rdist to push them
out to the clients. I have one clientlaunch.cfg file which has everything in
it and all of the ext scripts test if they are running on the right host.
This could be done better, but we don't have enough monitored clients to
make it worth the extra effort.

If I was going to improve it I would have the clientlaunch.cfg file have m4
directives to select stanzas for the host being rdisted to (we actually us a
system called distrib built on top of rdist which does this automatically),
that way a single clientlaunch.cfg  file would serve as the source for
multiple files on the various clients. The same system (distrib) would
control which clients got which ext scripts.

Steve.
---