Possible bug in FILE test

Paul Barton paul at moonkhan.org
Tue Sep 4 17:34:41 CEST 2007

I'm using Hobbit to monitor a list of files using the FILE test for
size, owner, group and mode. However, if a filename contains a literal #
then Hobbit reports <No data> on the CGI page for that file. Also,
alerting doesn't work if the file tests fail.

client-local.cfg:
[testserver.foo.com]
file:`find /path/to/files/ -type f`

hobbit-clients.cfg:
HOST=testserver.foo.com
    FILE    %/path/to/files/.* yellow size<8M owner=daemon group=root mode=664

The CGI page shows all of the files in the directory correctly,
including files with a '#' in their names, so I believe the 'find'
command is working correctly. I don't know if the problem is with my
regex glob of %/path/to/files/.* or if it is in the underlying checks
that the hobbit client does on the files themselves.

Thanks,

-Paul

Paul Barton             http://www.moonkhan.org
paul at moonkhan.org
"Black holes are where God divided by zero."