Question about bbcombotest

Harald Husemann hhuseman at materna.de
Thu Oct 18 18:55:59 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'd like to use bbcombotest to monitor a HA-system which runs in
failover-mode, i.e., the processes have to run on one of the servers,
but they may not run on both.
I've added a rule to bbcombotest.cfg, this works fine and the combined
test shows green when one of the servers is okay, as I expected.
But, since the processes are not running on both servers, hobbit shows
the backup server as "red" because of missing procs, which is a bit
confusing.
So, I tried to use NOCOLUMN=procs in bb-hosts for the two servers, but
then, hobbit stops monitoring the processes completely, and do not show
the procs in the combined test, too.

Hm, I'm wondering how I can define this?? I'd like hobbit to stop
monitoring the processes independly, and only show the combined status
as defined in bbcombotest.cfg.

Thanks,

and have a nice hackin',

Harald