[hobbit] RE: CGI script errors / browser attempts to download file

McIlrath, Paul pmcilrath at marketron.com
Sat Oct 6 08:43:04 CEST 2007

RESOLVED

Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions. I tried them all and still no luck, then  just by dumb luck, I vi'ed the shell scripts in /usr/libexec/hobbit/cgi-bin and /usr/libexec/hobbit/cgi-secure.

They were all pointing at /opt/hobbit/server/etc/  rather than /usr/libexec/hobbit/server/etc

I modified each shell script and everything works now.

As to why the shell scripts were screwed up......well I have tried several installs...the first into /opt/hobbit.....so either I missed something when I was cleaning up between installs, or...I also noticed that the hobbit-4.2.0 directory and its contents were not owned by root.root    so maybe that had an effect.

Thank you again for all your suggestions...it was luck not skill on my part that brought me to the answer.

Paul