[hobbit] purple after 30 minutes - clientlaunch.cfg INTERVAL set to 60m

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Tue Nov 13 13:30:20 CET 2007

On Tuesday 13 November 2007, Iain Miller wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can extend the time that my tests are valid
> for?  Do I need to do something both on the client and server?

per the bb man page:

status[+LIFETIME][/group:GROUP] HOSTNAME.TESTNAME COLOR <additional text>
This sends in a status message for a single test (column) on a single
host.......The LIFETIME defines how long this status is valid after being
received by the Hobbit server. The default is 30 minutes, but you can set any
period you like. E.g. for a custom test that runs once an hour, you will want
to set this to at least 60 minutes - otherwise the status will go purple
after 30 minutes. It is a good idea to set the LIFETIME to sligtly more than
the interval between your tests, to allow for variations in the time it takes
your test to complete. The LIFETIME is in minutes, unless you add an "h"
(hours), "d" (days) or "w" (weeks) immediately after the number,
e.g. "status+5h" for a status that is valid for 5 hours.

so change you bb status to status+75 or some such.