[hobbit] netstat vmstat columns missing?????

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jun 21 22:15:48 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 11:18:44AM -0400, Langford, Kenneth wrote:
> I guess the problem that I have is that my users have gotten use to
> seeing a netstat and vmstat column [...] Is there a way to get this data
> to show up as a separate column like I had with the big brother client
> so my users don't get confused????

Not directly. You could hack up a script to generate a netstat column;
something like

    #!/bin/sh

    cd $BBVAR/rrd
    for H in */netstat.rrd
    do
       HOSTNAME=`echo $H | cut -d/ -f1`
       $BB $BBDISP "status+25h $HOSTNAME.netstat green

       "
    done

    exit 0

and run this as a server-side extension from hobbitlaunch.cfg
once a day (set "INTERVAL 24h"). It should pick up the netstat graph
automatically, since the column- and graph-names match.

The link inside the status message is for easy access to the current
data.

A vmstat column can be done in the same way.