[hobbit] Highlights of the 4.3.0 version

Scott Walters scott at PacketPushers.com
Wed Jul 25 19:11:47 CEST 2007

On 7/25/07, Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:

> I also added something I felt was missing: When you have the top-10 list
> showing that host "foo" has the most status changes, then when you click
> on that host I wanted an overview of what services put it in the top-10.
> So I added a summary by service when you click on a host in the top-10
> display.

Wow.  That is awesome.  Great idea.  Someone needs to talk to the mail
admin of SMTP for www.sslug.dk!

Could you also add the report period to the server and services "sub-reports"?

Could you add state changes by day of week and hour of day?

Mon  12
Tue   145
Wed   351

And since this all been so easy, how about trending reports based on
an interval?

For example, by week of year show total state changes for a specified
server or service.  E.G.

                   server1        server2
Week 1             10                 12
Week 2             134               23

I'll try and think of a clever way to use RRD for this kind of data.
I'd imagine we could structure the RRAs to avoid averaging, and force
timestamps to match the interval.

Scott Walters
-PacketPusher