[hobbit] Can't get NetApp CPU to graph

pkc_mls pkc_mls at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 5 07:37:04 CEST 2007

Jeffrey Parker a écrit :
> Hello,
>
>        I have a problem that just doesn't make sense.  I am
> monitoring the CPU of a Network Appliance server using SNMP queries
> from the Hobbit server.  It's essentially what I am doing on an old BB
> server running LaRRD.  I have added custom graphs to my BB server and
> they worked fine, so I have a basic understanding how the LaRRD
> parsing works.  The CPU status message looks fine, but Hobbit is just
> not picking up the data and adding it to RRD, and therefore not
> graphing.  I even tried copying the rrd file over from the BB server
> to see if that would help, but no dice.  It graphs up to the point
> where I copied it from BB and stops.  Other devices where I'm
> monitoring CPU the status message is identical, and it's graphing
> fine.  Is there a way to debug RRD to see what's going wrong?  I get
> very few useful messages in the RRD log files.

hello,
you have some nice examples on rrdtool main page.
this tutorial could be helpfull :
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/tut/rrdtutorial.en.html

the "rrdtool info myfile.rrd" will also give you good informations
regarding what's in your rrd file.

even if the status looks fine, try to get the same kind of result for
the cpu message that you have for standard client.
in some cases the hobbit doesn't manage to fetch correctly the cpu data
and doesn't insert the value to the rrd file.

hope this'll help.