[hobbit] start up script for automatic loading

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
Sat Jan 20 03:29:44 CET 2007

On SLES, we use chkconfig to add the script to the startup.

chkconfig hobbit on

will set up the startup and shutdown links correctly.  Linux flavors
that don't support chkconfig you'll have to set up the links manually
(or use whatever tool your dist provides).

The standard startup process will automatically pass start and stop to
the script at the proper time.  You can invoke it manually eg: './hobbit
start'.

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2007 - Green Bay, WI - May 18-22, 2007