[hobbit] FreeBSD client

Bill Hart bill.hart at burkecorp.com
Wed Feb 14 16:09:09 CET 2007

Henrik,

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, I've been staring at it too long
apparently.

I've now run it into the --rpath problem that someone else reported here
:  http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2005/06/msg00001.html

Using that fix, I'm now getting :

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include
-L/usr/local/lib
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DBSD -I.
-I/usr/home/wish/hobbit-4.2
.0/include -DCLIENTONLY=1 -o logfetch logfetch.c ../lib/hobbitclient.a
logfetch.c: In function `logdata':
logfetch.c:149: warning: implicit declaration of function `fseeko'
logfetch.c:150: warning: implicit declaration of function `ftello'
logfetch.c:149: Undefined symbol `_fseeko' referenced from text segment
logfetch.c:150: Undefined symbol `_ftello' referenced from text segment
logfetch.c:156: Undefined symbol `_fseeko' referenced from text segment
logfetch.c:157: Undefined symbol `_ftello' referenced from text segment
gmake[1]: *** [logfetch] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/wish/hobbit-4.2.0/client'
gmake: *** [client] Error 2

I used this fix : http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2006/07/msg00278.html to
get around that.

Now I'm getting this :

orcahobbit.c: In function `main':
orcahobbit.c:82: warning: implicit declaration of function `strtok_r'
orcahobbit.c:82: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast
orcahobbit.c:83: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast
orcahobbit.c:87: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast
orcahobbit.c:88: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast
orcahobbit.c:82: Undefined symbol `_strtok_r' referenced from text
segment
orcahobbit.c:87: Undefined symbol `_strtok_r' referenced from text
segment
orcahobbit.c:88: Undefined symbol `_strtok_r' referenced from text
segment
gmake[1]: *** [orcahobbit] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/wish/hobbit-4.2.0/client'
gmake: *** [client] Error 2

I don't see a fix for this one.

This thread http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2006/09/msg00104.html popped up,
but it doesn't seem to have a resolution.  I've tried to run the patch a
couple of times, but not with any success, usually the patch errors as
some of the fixes incorporated in it are already in the system, then I
get the same errors when doing a gmake.

Thanks for all the help.

Bill Hart
Burke Corporation