[hobbit] creating a report of all the notifications sent by hobbit

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Feb 7 18:56:25 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 10:03:31AM -0500, Tom Georgoulias wrote:

> I would still like to have a Hobbit option where our staff can search
> through the notification logs in the same way we can search the events.
>
> As for modifying the bb-eventlog.c approach, I actually spent about an
> hour working on it and it appears that I would have to modify/create
> many other files to have full access to all of the notification data I'd
> need.  To make a bb-notifylog cgi, I think I'd have to create code in
> hobbitd/lib/notification.c/h, add a chunk of html to
> hobbitd/web/event_form, create hobbitd/bb-notifylog.c, sh, sh.DIST,
> etc., and all of the necessary Makefile and menu_items.js changes.
> Unless I'm missing the obvious, it's not the most straightforward task.

I guess having worked with the code previously does have some
advantages.

You're right about several things having to be modified. But don't
worry, I already did it and there's a notification log CGI in the
snapshot - mostly cut-and-pasted from the current event log view,
so you have the same filtering mechanisms.

Grab it from http://www.hswn.dk/beta/

If you'd rather not jeopardize your current setup, just run "make" and
then copy these by hand:
  - web/hobbit-notifylog.cgi to ~hobbit/server/bin/
  - web/hobbit-notifylog.sh to ~hobbit/cgi-bin/
  - hobbitd/webfiles/notify* to ~hobbit/server/web/
and update the ~hobbit/data/www/menu/menu_items.js file with the new
entry for the notification log (see hobbitd/wwwfiles/menu/menu_items.js).