[hobbit] Hobbit client

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 20:04:35 CET 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 1:37 PM, Hubbard, Greg L <greg.hubbard at eds.com> wrote:

>  "There really shouldn't be a need to run the client and server on the
> same machine."
>
> Actually, I think the client is not *required* on the server, but it is
> pretty handy.  When you launch the server, the client runs too, or else you
> would not get those statistics about CPU, memory, disk, etc.  It takes some
> work to disable it.

True, the startup script for the server process also starts the client.
What I meant is that there is no need to also run the client startup script
separately.  You can also have the server run local external scripts just
like the client.  So in short, there is no need to go into the
HOBBITHOME/client directories.