[hobbit] contents check

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Dec 19 12:32:02 CET 2007

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 11:05:03PM -0500, Shah, Haresh K (GE, Corporate, consultant) wrote:
> Now for one host we have more than 80 weblogic servers (per server one
> process) running and I want to run http test for all. I can't do the
> ports test as each server must have different port to run & I want to be
> alerted with server name in the alert itself. If I use ports test then I
> got alert only for ports service failure and not the alert with server
> name failure. thoughts?

Instead of using the physical hostnames in bb-hosts, use the website
name instead. E.g.

   10.0.0.1   box1.foo.com  #
   0.0.0.0    www1.foo.com  # cont;http://www1.foo.com/;Welcome.to.foo noconn
   0.0.0.0    www2.foo.com  # cont;http://www2.foo.com/;Hello,world noconn

or grouped any other way you like, so you have the physical box
monitored with all of the client data (cpu, memory, disk etc.) and then
the websites hosted on the box in other lines.