[hobbit] pb with hobbit-perl-client and dbcheck

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Tue Sep 19 00:04:57 CEST 2006

I've not tested the dbcheck.pl with the InstantClient because I've a
full 10r2 client installed on the machine but checking on some mailing
list archive it seems that InstantClient and DBD::Oracle have some
problems working together....
One suggestion I've found was to set the  Oracle_home (in the
dbcheck.ini file) to the lib directory instead of the root into which
the instant client is installed (something like
/usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.2/client/lib)...
Another thing is to check that you have the following package installed
(took from the DBD:Oracle readme)
* The "Basic" package for the essential Oracle libraries.
* The "SDK" package for the headers and makefile.
* The "SQL*Plus" component is optional, but will help you check your
configuration and DBD::Oracle determine your Oracle version.
Then you can try to define the full hostname/port/sid/user/password in
the dbcheck.ini file under the db you want to configure (it should skip
the tnsnames.ora and go through to the db server). Or you can try to
define your db in a tnsnames.ora under $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin and
put only sid username and password in the dbconfiguration.

What version of DBD::Oracle module are you using? Did it compile/test
successfully? Can you check if with sqlplus you can connect correctly to
that database?

Francesco