[hobbit] how to comment on an alert event when test already recovers?

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 04:55:25 CEST 2006

I expected Nays based on the 'do one thing & do it well' philosophy, which I
do agree. That's partly why I didn't post a feature request, since I am not
certain whether it'd be a truly good thing for Hobbit Monitor to pick up
these extra chores.

It is tempting to have some BI (Business Intelligence) and BKM (Business
Knowledge Management) capabilities against the wealth of information from
those alerts & outages & history & acknowledgments generated by Hobbit. How
to tap it, via a Hobbit feature or otherwise, is a somewhat challenging
question and open to each every one's own  best judgment, I guess.

BTW, we have a wiki in place already. As for hooking up to an ticketing
system,  it is an interesting idea. Some of the functions of Hobbit overlap
with those of a full ticketing system, thus it may not be the most efficient
way to do it. Also, BI capability of a ticketing systems need to be factored
in as well. I will check out RT. thanks again.