[hobbit] New patches for Hobbit 4.2.0, and a combined "all-in-one" patch is available

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Oct 4 07:22:00 CEST 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 06:16:51PM -0500, Jeff Newman wrote:
> Once I apply the all-in-one patch, to get the complete fix for any of
> the patches that update client things (like netstat hanging on an AIX
> box, or solaris top) do I then need to recompile and reinstall the
> client?

Yes, the client update is needed.

> This will be painful because 99% of my clients are AIX and
> have the file permission problem with the updating code, so I can't do
> an automatic update. But I guess if I have to face that pain, then I
> need to do so before 4.2.1 :-)

You *could* do an incremental update, i.e. push an update to your
clients that does not include the hobbitlaunch program. Since
hobbitlaunch is the only program running while the update happens, you
can replace all of the client-side programs, except hobbitlaunch. So
replacing the hobbitclient-aix.sh file (which is the one that needs
updating for the specific problem you mention) should not be a problem.