how to test route tag

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 19:56:05 CET 2006

On 11/14/06, Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to quick test the depends tag besides changing the
> host's ip to a fake one that the service depends on?

changing the IP of hosts won't do the test with route tag (or depend
tag for that matter). In other words if I have real setup like this,
considering they are real IPs

1.2.3.4 hostA # testip route:routerB
1.2.3.5 routerB # testip

There is no way I can just change the IPs to some fake IPs to do the
yellow test.

Anyone know of a trick?