[hobbit] Cisco switches?

rdeal rdeal at tigr.ORG
Thu Jun 8 23:46:24 CEST 2006

Cacti is going to allow you to graph many different things but the bb-xsnmp
has the logic built in to check different things like load, heat, power
supply redundancy, etc
Mine checks BGP, cpu load, fans, memory, power, temperature, uptime for
cisco switches/routers
It also gets info from our netapp servers, such as cpu, disk, fans, inode,
power, power, uptime
And our APC ups systems, such as power, sys, temperature

It is not as integrated with Hobbit as I would like, but works quite well.
The main thing is that on the server that runs it, I keep a bb-cputab and
bb-dftab just for the netapp servers which it checks in the
hobbit/server/etc folder.

From: Tadd Moore <TMoore at rooneyholdings.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 15:43:27 -0500
To: <jeffnewman75 at gmail.com>, <hobbit at hswn.dk>
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Cisco switches?

Now my curiosity is piqued - for those of us unfamiliar with Cacti and MRTG,
which path is the easiest to pursue so that Cisco switches (or anything
SNMP) can be monitored within Hobbit?  Is there some documentation available
someplace that discusses this configuration?

-TM

>>> jeffnewman75 at gmail.com 6/8/2006 3:38:48 PM >>>
I use cacti, and plain 'ol mrtg. Probably will just switch purely over to
cacti eventually.
mrtg incororates well straight into hobbit.