Bug Suspect - Hobbit 4.2-beta-20060605

Mike Harron M.N.Harron at herts.ac.uk
Fri Jul 14 18:30:41 CEST 2006

Hi,
   I'm not sure if this message is going to a list or an individual.
Please accept my apology if this problem has been reported previously.

The script $HOME/client/runclient.sh is created without a space character
after the "sed -e" statements. This causes the interpretation of options
"--hostname", "--class", etc to fail. So, for example, the line:

   MACHINEDOTS="`echo $1 | sed -e's/--hostname=//'`"

should read:

   MACHINEDOTS="`echo $1 | sed -e 's/--hostname=//'`"
                                 ^

I have confirmed this problem on Solaris 9, Solaris 10, Red Hat 9 and
Fedora Core 5 so I guess that it is not limited to any particular
platform.

Best regards,

Mike

Mike Harron                   |
Network Development and       |
   Security Manager           |   E-mail: M.N.Harron at herts.ac.uk

Learning Resources Centre     |   Telephone (external): 01707 286 447
University of Hertfordshire   |   Telephone (internal): 3447
College Lane                  |
Hatfield                      |   Telephone (mobile):   07984 605 275
AL10 9AB                      |