[hobbit] Help with Graphing peak values

Myers, Timothy L. tmyers at autom.net
Wed Jan 18 18:15:32 CET 2006

While you in there for my use the best change would be if you take the data average over a period put it in a Sunday - Saturday array and plot the average by hour or 5 min segment for a 7 day work week.  This view would give a work week load graph that would help on load balancing scheduled tasks and new project in the work week.

I am new to this wonderfully tool (Hobbit) and still trying to understand the basics.  I don't know yet how easy it is to filter the data or extract and create a new database.  I would assume that pulling the data periodically and building a summary database would be the easy approach. Another approach would be to build a day of the week data base with the same data as the load data.  I don't know yet if the graphing tool has a adequate summary function for the task given day of the week, hour, time, date, load order.

Right now I have more questions than answers, I will be reading and testing to get my answers but in the mean time I thought I would add my suggestion as long as your research is already headed that way.