[hobbit] Help with Graphing peak values

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 14:01:42 CET 2006

Well, nobody else spoke up yet...

I don't know if this will help, but it might push you in the right
direction.  The rrds are created with builtin archives that are
defined like this:

    "RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:576"
    "RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:576"
    "RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:576"
    "RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:576"

The rrdcreate man page says that the "576" is the number of rows to
create, and the number immediately preceeding that is the number of
original data samples to average together to create any given datum in
the archive.

So, for example, each point in the second archive is averaged from 6
points in the original data.

I haven't tried this myself, but I would expect to be able to increase
that "576" without affecting anything, other than possibly getting
graphs that are 6 feet long...  The number 576 is the number of
samples that occur at 5 minute intervals in 48 hours.  One week of
samples at 5 min intervals would be:

     7 * 24 * 60 / 5 = 2016

I have no idea how that would affect the graphing stuff built into Hobbit...

Ralph Mitchell