[hobbit] linux version

Michael Frey michael_frey at glic.com
Fri Jan 6 18:14:45 CET 2006

This is what I get when I run the ldd

[root at nbtbigbro1 bin]# ldd hobbitgraph.cgi
        librrd.so.2 => /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.11/lib/librrd.so.2
(0x40018000)
        libpng.so.2 => /usr/lib/libpng.so.2 (0x400ec000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/i686/libc.so.6 (0x4010d000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/i686/libm.so.6 (0x40248000)
        libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0x4026b000)

Michael Frey

Charles Jones <jonescr at cisco.com>
01/06/2006 12:08 PM
Please respond to
hobbit at hswn.dk

Michael Frey <michael_frey at glic.com>
cc
hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject
Re: [hobbit] linux version

Michael,

Yes it looks like an issue with libpng. Verify this by going to your
hobbit directory, then cd to the "bin" directory, and run the ldd command
on hobbitgraph.cgi.  This will show all the libs that hobbitgraph expects
to find, and if it has access to them or not.  Here is a sample output
from my hobbit server:

# ldd hobbitgraph.cgi
        libpcre.so.0 => /lib/libpcre.so.0 (0x0098d000)
        librrd.so.2 => /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.11/lib/librrd.so.2
(0x00d35000)
        libpng12.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 (0x00be1000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x005cf000)
        libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0x00804000)
        libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0x00726000)
        libart_lgpl_2.so.2 => /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2 (0x0044d000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/libm.so.6 (0x006fb000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x005b6000)

I'm guessing that for you libpng is missing.  If you already have it, but
its in the wrong place, the fix can be as simple as making a symlink to
it, or copying it to where hobbit expects it to be.  Other solutions
include editing your /etc/ld.so.conf (run ldconfig afterwards), or
recompiling hobbit and giving it the exact location of libpng.

-Charles

Michael Frey wrote:

The specific issue I am having is with the history graphs drawing.
Everything else is working fine.
see screenshot:

They used to work, but after a reboot, they failed.  I recall having to
manually copy ldpng somewhere, but that is it.

I know I am in over my head with the linux piece, but it worked before,
and I am sure it is a simple fix; I just can't figure it out.

I have some great resources here that know linux, but they are at a loss
with the pieces hobbit uses.

Any suggestions for the cgi-graphing would simplify everything, as I would
eave the current build running.

Michael Frey