Monitor/graph multiple interfaces with Hobbit?

Jeremy Worrells Jeremy.Worrells at intermountainmail.org
Fri Feb 10 18:43:28 CET 2006

Greetings.

I am a newcomer to hobbit. I find it to be a very exciting project, but
I cannot figure out how to perform a vital function. We currently have
dozens of RRD databases and CGI scripts creating graphs on those RRDs.
We also run BB for network health monitoring. I would like to combine
the two using hobbit, but I am not sure how to go about it.

Here's what I want to do: have a "traffic" monitor in hobbit that tracks
any number of interfaces on a firewall or router. It would alert on a
certain traffic threshold and would provide RRD graphs of the
interfaces. I would like to avoid MRTG if at all possible.

Is this kind of arbitrary RRD graphing/alerting available in hobbit?
I've been through the docs and don't see anything.

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy Worrells

--
Jeremy Worrells