Hobbit cluster and DRDB

Thomas tlp-hobbit at holme-pedersen.dk
Thu Aug 17 21:40:20 CEST 2006

Hi Brothers,

Just read an article in Linux Journal about using DRDB as a "cluster"
filesystem for a redundant installation of sendmail and mysql. This has
caused me to think that this could be a way forward as a cluster
mecanism for hobbit. Currently I run a rdist job for this and then have
a manual intervention for starting up hobbit on the secondary node.

I know from when I last looked at DRDB that the IO performance as a
problem with BB but with Hobbit I am prety sure it should work.

I am wondering if any of you have experienced with the
DRDB/heartbeat/hobbit and what your impressions are ?

Regards, Thomas