[hobbit] 4.2 - Critical systems ACK?

Thomas tlp-hobbit at holme-pedersen.dk
Sun Apr 9 12:50:44 CEST 2006

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 09:58:09AM -0400, John Glowacki wrote:
>
>> I think I understand mostly how KN Editor is designed to work.
>>
>> Search button seems to only work for exact hostname matches.
>> Next button goes to next record.
>> Host: hostname.  Example web1
>> Resolver group: Is which group or person to contact to resolve problem.
>> Host is MANAGED: days and hours rule applies.
>> Host becomes MANAGED: Date to start monitoring
>> Host becomes UN-MANAGED: Date to end monitoring
>> Instruction: Is a note for any kind of special instructions to follow.
>> Clones of this host: Add hosts with the same requirements as defined
>> above. Example web2 could be a clone of web1.
>>

> Right on the dot. Either you're a genius, or I managed to get that
> editor window made almost self-explanatory :-) Or something in between.

I would rater vote in the favor of Status being renamed to test as I
read the Status as red/yellow... and not on which test the record is
for.Could be that I am a first time user of the NK pages. Is it not
possible to have all tests for a particular host on the NK page without
having to do all tests one by one in the editor ? The obvious answer is
yes, but is it to leave it blank or put a * in the field.
/thomas