[hobbit] Hobbit 4.2 alfa release available

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Apr 5 17:36:29 CEST 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 04:25:14PM +0200, Gräub Roland wrote:
> I have now installed the Hobbit 4.2 alfa realease on my test system.
>
> Is the msgs colum msgs always green ? How can i define which string is yellow or red ?

First you must setup the client-local.cfg file to tell the client what
logs to monitor. I wrote about this in a previous mail.

Then you can define LOG entries in the hobbit-clients.cfg file, to
define which entries go yellow or red.

> In which file are the NK definition saved ? Is it possible to edit this file ?
> Is there any Report to see which Systems are in the NK view and which status is given (Prio etc.) ?

The configuration is stored in ~hobbit/server/etc/hobbit-nkview.cfg .
Note that this file must be writable by the user/group running your CGI
scripts - typically, you'd do
   touch hobbit-nkview.cfg
   chgrp nobody hobbit-nkview.cfg
In fact, "make install" ought to do that...

You should be able to edit it with the hobbit-nkedit CGI.

> Still see have the problem with double entrys in pagessets. Is this also a point in your TODO list for 4.2 ?

I know ... I have been putting this off because I'd really like to re-do
the entire HTML build into something much more "modern" - based on CSS,
XML and XSLT. That would give us a lot more flexibility, and require
less code.

> A idea from a office workmate was that a user can compose his own bb-view/bb2-view.
> So an user has the possiblity to make a windowview with exactly the Systems that he need.

I've heard that request from others as well. One more reason why I'd
like to move away from the static HTML that Hobbit currently generates.