[hobbit] problems on server

Longina Przybyszewska longina at imada.sdu.dk
Wed Apr 5 12:36:26 CEST 2006

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Henrik Stoerner wrote:

>> 1. hobbit client  wouldn't  launch from hobbit server's hobbitlaunch-
>> I got "fatal signal caught, treminating with code 134".
>>
>> I tried to start it from init.d insted of - from client's
>> hobbitlaunch  and it works.
>
> Somehow I doubt that it works. hobbitd_client is fed via a mechanism
> involving semaphores and shared memory, so it should really run from
> hobbitlaunch to make sure you have various permissions set right.

client runs from client/bin/hobbitlaunch insted of
server/bin/hobbitlaunch, I have commented out [hobbitclient] from
server/etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg

It seems to work, I got disk/mem/proc reports, but of course
hobbitd_client is blinking RED.

> Which version is this ? 4.1.2p1, or one of the snapshots ?
> Have you looked at the logfiles, or tried running the hobbitd_client
> core-dump through gdb as described in the "Known Problems" doc ?
> http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/known-issues.html#bugreport

this is the 4.1.2p1, on sparc/Solaris9
here output from gdb:
---
GNU gdb 6.0
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.9"...
Core was generated by `hobbitd_client --debug'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libpcre.so.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libpcre.so.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libresolv.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libresolv.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libc.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdl.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libmp.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libmp.so.2
Reading symbols from
/usr/platform/SUNW,UltraAX-i2/lib/libc_psr.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/platform/SUNW,UltraAX-i2/lib/libc_psr.so.1
#0  0xff1a04f8 in _libc_kill () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
(gdb) bt
#0  0xff1a04f8 in _libc_kill () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
#1  0xff136d18 in abort () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
#2  0x0001e978 in sigsegv_handler (signum=0) at sig.c:57
#3  <signal handler called>
(gdb)
---

>> On the display, hobbitd_client stays blinking red. How can I get rid
>> of that?

Ee. Doesn' work:

/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "drop saileri.imada.sdu.dk  hobbitd_client"

hobbitd_client is still blinking RED :(

http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/hobbit-tips.html#droptest

>> 2. bbd is constantly PURPLE
>> In bb-services, it is defined as:
>> [bbd]
>>    send "dummy"
>>    port 1984
>> so in fact it tests hobbitd-but why it is purple?
>> Hobbitd is OK.
>
> Because the bbd network test is not being executed for this host. Check
> your bb-hosts file, it must have a "bbd" tag defined for your hobbit
> server.

No, there is not! ('cat bb-hosts | grep bbd' no output)
But during hobbit server installation, there was old bb directory, and bbd
running - which has been deleted and stopped since then.

Longina

--
Longina Przybyszewska, system programmer
Dept. of Math. & Comp. Sci. - IMADA

tel: +45 6550 2359 - http://www.imada.sdu.dk         email:
longina at imada.sdu.dk