[hobbit] problems on server

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Apr 4 15:14:10 CEST 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 02:06:04PM +0200, Longina Przybyszewska wrote:
> I have some problems with hobbitd_client on server (sparc/solaris9).
>
> 1. hobbit client  wouldn't  launch from hobbit server's hobbitlaunch-
> I got "fatal signal caught, treminating with code 134".
>
> I tried to start it from init.d insted of - from client's
> hobbitlaunch  and it works.

Somehow I doubt that it works. hobbitd_client is fed via a mechanism
involving semaphores and shared memory, so it should really run from
hobbitlaunch to make sure you have various permissions set right.

Which version is this ? 4.1.2p1, or one of the snapshots ?
Have you looked at the logfiles, or tried running the hobbitd_client
core-dump through gdb as described in the "Known Problems" doc ?
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/known-issues.html#bugreport

http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/hobbit-tips.html#droptest

> 2. bbd is constantly PURPLE
> In bb-services, it is defined as:
> [bbd]
>    send "dummy"
>    port 1984
> so in fact it tests hobbitd-but why it is purple?
> Hobbitd is OK.

Because the bbd network test is not being executed for this host. Check
your bb-hosts file, it must have a "bbd" tag defined for your hobbit
server.