[hobbit] Hobbit Chart & Time based monitoring

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Sep 28 20:19:54 CEST 2005

First, please: Just send your questions to "hobbit at hswn.dk" - there's no
need to send cc's directly to me. My mailbox is quite full enough as is.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 07:04:12PM +0100, Oluwagbenga.Dada at accelonafrica.com wrote:

> I would also love to know if Hobbit can display Pie chart based images/graph when reporting.

You should probably look at getting the reporting data in the
"Spreadsheet" (actually, comma-separated values) format. Then you can
pull it into whatever spreadsheet you like, and do all that you would
like.

I really don't want to do too much work on fancy reporting, because
inevitably you'll want it slightly different than what I do. So I'm all
for providing the data you need in a reasonable form - but the
formatting and presentation, I'll leave up to you.

> Also do you know how i could configure Hobbit to monitor devices between
> specific time of the day, thus reflecting this in its availiability report.

See the bb-hosts(5) man-page, especially the description of the
REPORTTIME, NKTIME and DOWNTIME tags.