[hobbit] trend graphs broken images

Michael Frey michael_frey at glic.com
Thu Oct 20 22:24:21 CEST 2005

Thank you.

The output from the log is:
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.8
libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.12
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.8
libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.12
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.8
libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.12
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.8
libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.12
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.8
libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.12
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

Michael Frey
Intel Senior Systems Engineer
The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
3900 Burgess Place, 2-West
Bethlehem, PA 18017
E-Mail: Michael_frey at glic.com
Phone: 610-807-7889
Fax: 610-807-6003

henrik at hswn.dk (Henrik Stoerner)
10/20/2005 04:11 PM
Please respond to
hobbit at hswn.dk

hobbit at hswn.dk
cc

Subject
Re: [hobbit] trend graphs broken images

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 03:56:14PM -0400, Michael Frey wrote:

> I've attempted to activate debugging with "--debug" in the hobbitcgi.cfg

> file for hobbitgraph.sh, but cannot locate where that is logging.

It should log to cgierror.log in the Hobbit log directory, but you
probably have to create this file and make it writable by the userid
that your CGI scripts run with (probably "nobody" or "httpd" - see what
userid's appear for your httpd processes).

> When I try and run the hobbitgraph.sh from the command line, it executes

> but says I did not supply the right arguments.

No, it really does need the environment settings provided by the
webserver CGI interface.

The URL for one of these graphs looks like

http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit-cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=voodoo.hswn.dk&service=la&graph_width=576&graph_height=120&disp=voodoo%2ehswn%2edk&nostale&graph=hourly&action=view

To run the hobbitgraph CGI by hand, you would do

REQUEST_URI=""
QUERY_STRING="host=voodoo.hswn.dk&service=la&graph_width=576&graph_height=120&disp=voodoo.hswn.dk&nostale&graph=hourly&action=view"
/usr/lib/hobbit/cgi-bin/hobbitgraph.sh >/tmp/cgi.out

i.e. provide an empty REQUEST_URI and a QUERY_STRING with the part of
the URL after the "?".

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that
is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution,
copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited.  If
immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any
attachments.  Thank you.