[hobbit] trend graphs broken images

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Oct 20 22:11:24 CEST 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 03:56:14PM -0400, Michael Frey wrote:

> I've attempted to activate debugging with "--debug" in the hobbitcgi.cfg
> file for hobbitgraph.sh, but cannot locate where that is logging.

It should log to cgierror.log in the Hobbit log directory, but you
probably have to create this file and make it writable by the userid
that your CGI scripts run with (probably "nobody" or "httpd" - see what
userid's appear for your httpd processes).

> When I try and run the hobbitgraph.sh from the command line, it executes
> but says I did not supply the right arguments.

No, it really does need the environment settings provided by the
webserver CGI interface.

The URL for one of these graphs looks like

http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit-cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=voodoo.hswn.dk&service=la&graph_width=576&graph_height=120&disp=voodoo%2ehswn%2edk&nostale&graph=hourly&action=view

To run the hobbitgraph CGI by hand, you would do

REQUEST_URI="" QUERY_STRING="host=voodoo.hswn.dk&service=la&graph_width=576&graph_height=120&disp=voodoo.hswn.dk&nostale&graph=hourly&action=view" /usr/lib/hobbit/cgi-bin/hobbitgraph.sh >/tmp/cgi.out

i.e. provide an empty REQUEST_URI and a QUERY_STRING with the part of
the URL after the "?".