[hobbit] Hobbit and SQUID

patrick_healy at nywd.uscourts.gov patrick_healy at nywd.uscourts.gov
Tue Oct 4 17:46:34 CEST 2005

3 Answers 8-)

1) squid: ERROR: No running copy

2) Not Urgent at all

3) The hobbit server is the squid/proxy server.

I'd be a little apprehensive going to custom code....

Pat

Patrick Healy                                                  U.S.
District Court, NYWD
patrick_healy at nywd.uscourts.gov             304 U.S. Courthouse
Voice: 716-332-1770                                      68 Court Street
FAX: 716-551-4850                                        Buffalo, NY 14202

 Adam Scheblein <adam.scheblein at marquette.edu>
10/04/2005 10:34 AM
Please respond to
hobbit at hswn.dk

hobbit at hswn.dk
cc

Subject
Re: [hobbit] Hobbit and SQUID

3 questions,

1)  what does it say when it is not running (does it say "not running" or
does it say something else), also can you copy and paste to me the exact
output of the command when it is running and when it is not?

2)  how urgent is this? like lose your job urgent or i would really like
this to work urgent?

3)  are you using the hobbit client on this server?  also, what version,
and would you be opposed to a custom patch just so that it would send the
squid UP/DOWN data across the wire

Adam

patrick_healy at nywd.uscourts.gov wrote:

Since the system is a Fedora machine, I'd be looking for the output of:

# service squid status

Which should return something like:

squid (pid 13626 13624) is running...

If nothing came back, or if the word 'running' wasn't present then it
should go red...

Thanks Adam!

Pat

Patrick Healy                                                  U.S.
District Court, NYWD
patrick_healy at nywd.uscourts.gov             304 U.S. Courthouse
Voice: 716-332-1770                                      68 Court Street
FAX: 716-551-4850                                        Buffalo, NY 14202

 Adam Scheblein <adam.scheblein at marquette.edu>
10/03/2005 05:41 PM

Please respond to
hobbit at hswn.dk

hobbit at hswn.dk
cc

Subject
Re: [hobbit] Hobbit and SQUID

You could configure the proc check to make sure that the specific
processes that you are looking for exist.  What are you looking for
exactly?  it may be a quick write since i just got done writing up a
script to check who is on the system.

Adam

patrick_healy at nywd.uscourts.gov wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone developed a good 'Services test' for checking the squid
process?  I can plug in the port number and make sure it's being answered,
but does anyone have something better?

Thanks!