safeguards

Dan Vande More bigdan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 00:00:22 CEST 2005

I just had an issue where one of servers was having a php issue. This
filled up /var/log/messages really fast (/var/log on separate
partition) - think gigs of logs in a few minutes. Naturally,  (bb)
client is going to see this difference and want to store that in its
diff file located in BBHOME/tmp. This, of course, filled up my root
partition (Which we can blame on the shortsightedness of the person
who partitioned this in the first place), exacerbating the problem.

In this particular situation, it was mostly the setup that caused this
issue, but is it worth considering putting some sanity checks into the
hobbit client to prevent this? Are they already there and I'm not
aware of them?

Thanks

Dan