[hobbit] Channel processing problem with 4.11

Deiss, Mark Mark.Deiss at acs-inc.com
Mon Oct 3 13:28:13 CEST 2005

Confused even more now. Back to Sourceforge, from what I can tell, am using
the current (?) release of hobbitserver 4.1.1. Not seeing anything in any of
the Soureforge headings about a more current snapshot - under CVS or patch
groupings.

For your supplied patch, patch failed to apply - inspecting the patch, there
are the following reference to old and patched lines in the
hobbitd_client.c:

-			add_disk_count(fsname);
+			if (fsname) add_disk_count(fsname);

Did a global search in the entire hobbit code tree and there is no
add_disk_count function defined. Noticed the old code of:

if (fsname && (usage != -1)) {

Where in the 4.1.1 code base it is:

if (usage != -1)) {

Figured a check for valid fsname is what you are after before proceeding
with the add_disk_count call above so made this change in the branch to work
on disk threshold checking. Recompiled, retested, same error. Oh well.

For the second patch in client_config.c, the line counts do not add up in
the patch - closest code appears to be in the add_process_count function.
Would not expect add_process_count to be part of processing df messages.
Guess the add_disk_count is defined in this module in another version.

RCS string for hobbitd_client.c and client_config.c module in the 4.1.1
release are:
static char rcsid[] = "$Id: hobbitd_client.c,v 1.21 2005/07/25 13:57:56
henrik Exp $";
static char rcsid[] = "$Id: client_config.c,v 1.5 2005/07/24 07:50:13 henrik
Exp $";

In the patch file, noticed string IDs for the patch targets of:
--- hobbitd/hobbitd_client.c    2005/09/28 21:21:56     1.34
+++ hobbitd/hobbitd_client.c    2005/09/30 15:53:55
--- hobbitd/client_config.c     2005/09/21 11:37:05     1.9
+++ hobbitd/client_config.c     2005/09/30 15:54:57

So looks like am working with an older release set. Using the CVS web
browser agent on Sourceforge, not turning up any more recent code trees for
other then the hobbit client package.