[hobbit] Possible bug dropping test

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Jul 31 09:34:53 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 10:37:59AM +0800, Vernon Everett wrote:
> If we enable the oratns test, everything is good.
> However, it refuses to go away when I try and remove it.
>
> First I removed it from the bb-hosts file, then used the command
>  ~/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "drop HOSTNAME oratns"
>
> All the history and stuff gets deleted, which is good.
> However, the rrd file stays, and so does the smiley.
> I will not go away. It keeps reporting.
> After a while, it goes purple but it's still there.

The version you're running does have a bug that can cause hobbitd to
crash when removing a host or a test. This has been fixed in 4.1.1.
I think that is why you keep seeing the status icon for the test.

As Werner wrote, the rrd files are not removed when you drop a
single test - only when an entire host is removed.

> On a similar note, if for some reason one of my servers has the listener
> on port 1522 instead of the default 1521, is there a way to specify what
> port to check on?

oratns:1522

> Or even specify 2 ports, and report green if it finds the listener on
> either?

No.