[hobbit] Difficulties building hobbitclient-0.3

Allan.Marillier at dana.com Allan.Marillier at dana.com
Fri Jul 29 23:02:18 CEST 2005

I did find mention of the built-in client after I fetched and unpacked the
source. I had previosuly just pulled down the FC4 binary rpm.

A simple adduser hobbit, followed by ./configure --client and then make
install was all it took. I ran the start script and within a minute or two
I had some nice green displays. I've been using a very simple BigBrother
setup for about 18 months, and hobbit for a few weeks, but hobbit drops in
so easily it makes BB look like a big ugly monster in comparison. Now all
I need to do is put together a quick start/kill script and I'm ready to go
dump my BB setup and move everything to hobbit.

I think one of the most impressive things, after the ease of installation
and setup, is the instant trending graphs. And I thought I wrote
reasonably decent, easy to use and somewhat bullet proof programs! :-)