[hobbit] Hobbit 4.1.0 available - includes Unix client

David Gore David.Gore at mci.com
Mon Jul 25 18:19:21 CEST 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 03:36:55AM +0000, David Gore wrote:
>
>>I know this may not be supported by I am trying to compile the client on
>>Digital UNIX 4.0f using gcc version 2.95.  Is this error because I need
>>a new version of gcc which I may not be able to do on DGUX 4.0f?  Any ideas?
>>
>>gcc -g -O -D_REENTRANT -DNO_VSNPRINTF -DOSF -I.
>>-I/var/tmp/hobbit-4.1.0/include -I. -I../include    -c -o sendmsg.o
>>sendmsg.c
>>sendmsg.c: In function `sendtobbd':
>>sendmsg.c:318: `socklen_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
> "socklen_t" is one of those POSIX datatypes that apparently don't
> exist on some of the "earlier" Unix'es. For a quick fix, edit the
> lib/sendmsg.c file and on line 318 replace "socklen_t" with "int".

Thanks Henrik, it did get further and now ends here:

gcc -g -O -D_REENTRANT -DNO_VSNPRINTF -DOSF -I.
-I/var/tmp/hobbit-4.1.0/include -o ../client/bb sendmsg-std.o
../lib/hobbitclient.a
/usr/bin/ld:
Unresolved:
snprintf
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../client/bb] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/hobbit-4.1.0/common'
make: *** [common-client] Error 2

I thought installing GNU binutils might help, but it didn't.  Ideas?