[hobbit] performance issue with multiple pagesets

Olivier Beau olivier at qalpit.com
Thu Jul 21 12:14:56 CEST 2005

Selon Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk>:

> Hmmm - it shouldn't load your system that bad, it sounds like there's
> some driver problem. Or a really crappy disk controller/driver.

i've did some more investigations...
and yes, the disk controller is REALLLLY crummy on those servers (compaq dl 380
g2); i'm having better performance with my old desktop (1Ghz and a 40G IDE drive !)
i really have to tick in a better scsi board...

Thank you for the patch henrik :))

> > would it be possible to have those bb*.html page generated dynamicly ?
>
> It's something I've thought about, yes - but haven't gotten around to
> implement yet. The individual status pages are generated on-the-fly
> so it would be a nice "clean" implementation to have everything be
> dynamically generated. Plus you'd always have an up-to-date view.

Yes, that would be great : having an real-time view, and saving ressource for
hobbit server for large sites :)

--
Olivier Beau